Others

Matthew 7:1-5

1“Don’t judge, so that you won’t be judged. 2For with whatever judgement you judge, you will be judged; and with whatever measure you measure, it will be measured to you. 3Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but don’t consider the beam that is in your own eye? 4Or how will you tell your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye,’ and behold, the beam is in your own eye? 5You hypocrite! First remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother’s eye.
Matthew 7:1-5

 

Jeremiah 17:10

10“I, the LORD, search the mind.
I try the heart,
even to give every man according to his ways,
according to the fruit of his doings.”
Jeremiah 17:10

 

Psalm 139:23-24

23Search me, God, and know my heart.
Try me, and know my thoughts.
24See if there is any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the everlasting way.
Psalm 139:23-24

 

Genesis 1:27

27God created man in his own image. In God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:27

 

Psalm 139:13-14

13For you formed my inmost being.
You knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14I will give thanks to you,
for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Your works are wonderful.
My soul knows that very well.
Psalm 139:13-14

 

1 Corinthians 13:1-13

1If I speak with the languages of men and of angels, but don’t have love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but don’t have love, I am nothing. 3If I give away all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body to be burnt, but don’t have love, it profits me nothing.

4Love is patient and is kind. Love doesn’t envy. Love doesn’t brag, is not proud, 5doesn’t behave itself inappropriately, doesn’t seek its own way, is not provoked, takes no account of evil; 6doesn’t rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will be done away with. Where there are various languages, they will cease. Where there is knowledge, it will be done away with. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part; 10but when that which is complete has come, then that which is partial will be done away with. 11When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child. Now that I have become a man, I have put away childish things. 12For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, even as I was also fully known. 13But now faith, hope, and love remain—these three. The greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:1-13

 

Matthew 22:34-40

34But the Pharisees, when they heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, gathered themselves together. 35One of them, a lawyer, asked him a question, testing him. 36“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the law?”

 37Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38This is the first and great commandment. 39A second likewise is this, ‘You shall love your neighbour as yourself.’ 40The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.”
Matthew 22:34-40

 

Luke 10:25-37

25Behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested him, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

26He said to him, “What is written in the law? How do you read it?”

27He answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbour as yourself.”

28He said to him, “You have answered correctly. Do this, and you will live.”

29But he, desiring to justify himself, asked Jesus, “Who is my neighbour?”

30Jesus answered, “A certain man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell amongst robbers, who both stripped him and beat him, and departed, leaving him half dead. 31By chance a certain priest was going down that way. When he saw him, he passed by on the other side. 32In the same way a Levite also, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33But a certain Samaritan, as he travelled, came where he was. When he saw him, he was moved with compassion, 34came to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. He set him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him. 35On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, gave them to the host, and said to him, ‘Take care of him. Whatever you spend beyond that, I will repay you when I return.’ 36Now which of these three do you think seemed to be a neighbour to him who fell amongst the robbers?”

37He said, “He who showed mercy on him.”

Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.”
Luke 10:25-37

 

Leviticus 19:18

18“ ‘You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people; but you shall love your neighbour as yourself. I am the LORD.' "
Leviticus 19:18

 

Matthew 5:43-48

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbour and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Don’t even the tax collectors do the same? 47 If you only greet your friends, what more do you do than others? Don’t even the tax collectors do the same? 48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
Matthew 5:43-48

 

Galatians 5:13-15

13For you, brothers, were called for freedom. Only don’t use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love be servants to one another. 14For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, in this: “You shall love your neighbour as yourself.” 15But if you bite and devour one another, be careful that you don’t consume one another.
Galatians 5:13-15

 

1 John 4:7-8

7Beloved, let’s love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8He who doesn’t love doesn’t know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:7-8

 

1 John 2:15-17

15 Don’t love the world or the things that are in the world. If anyone loves the world, the Father’s love isn’t in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—isn’t the Father’s, but is the world’s. 17 The world is passing away with its lusts, but he who does God’s will remains forever.
1 John 2:15-17

 

Micah 6:6-8

6How shall I come before the LORD,
and bow myself before the exalted God?
Shall I come before him with burnt offerings,
with calves a year old?
7Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams?
With tens of thousands of rivers of oil?
Shall I give my firstborn for my disobedience?
The fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
8He has shown you, O man, what is good.
What does the LORD require of you, but to act justly,
to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?
Micah 6:6-8

 

Luke 17:1-4

1He said to the disciples, “It is impossible that no occasions of stumbling should come, but woe to him through whom they come! 2It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, rather than that he should cause one of these little ones to stumble. 3Be careful. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him. If he repents, forgive him. 4If he sins against you seven times in the day, and seven times returns, saying, ‘I repent,’ you shall forgive him.”
Luke 17:1-4

 

Romans 12:1-21

1Therefore I urge you, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service. 2Don’t be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what is the good, well-pleasing, and perfect will of God.

3For I say through the grace that was given me, to everyone who is amongst you, not to think of yourself more highly than you ought to think; but to think reasonably, as God has apportioned to each person a measure of faith. 4For even as we have many members in one body, and all the members don’t have the same function, 5so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another, 6having gifts differing according to the grace that was given to us: if prophecy, let’s prophesy according to the proportion of our faith; 7or service, let’s give ourselves to service; or he who teaches, to his teaching; 8or he who exhorts, to his exhorting; he who gives, let him do it with generosity; he who rules, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

9Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor that which is evil. Cling to that which is good. 10In love of the brothers be tenderly affectionate to one another; in honour prefer one another, 11not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord, 12rejoicing in hope, enduring in troubles, continuing steadfastly in prayer, 13 contributing to the needs of the saints, and given to hospitality.

14Bless those who persecute you; bless, and don’t curse. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice. Weep with those who weep. 16Be of the same mind one towards another. Don’t set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Don’t be wise in your own conceits. 17Repay no one evil for evil. Respect what is honourable in the sight of all men. 18If it is possible, as much as it is up to you, be at peace with all men. 19Don’t seek revenge yourselves, beloved, but give place to God’s wrath. For it is written, “Vengeance belongs to me; I will repay, says the Lord.” 20Therefore

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him.
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
for in doing so, you will heap coals of fire on his head.”

21Don’t be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:1-21

 

 Ephesians 4:1-32

1I therefore, the prisoner in the Lord, beg you to walk worthily of the calling with which you were called, 2with all lowliness and humility, with patience, bearing with one another in love, 3being eager to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit, even as you also were called in one hope of your calling, 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in us all. 7But to each one of us, the grace was given according to the measure of the gift of Christ. 8Therefore he says,

“When he ascended on high,
    he led captivity captive,
    and gave gifts to people.”

9Now this, “He ascended”, what is it but that he also first descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10He who descended is the one who also ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things.

11He gave some to be apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, shepherds and teachers; 12for the perfecting of the saints, to the work of serving, to the building up of the body of Christ, 13until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a full grown man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, 14that we may no longer be children, tossed back and forth and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in craftiness, after the wiles of error; 15but speaking truth in love, we may grow up in all things into him who is the head, Christ, 16from whom all the body, being fitted and knit together through that which every joint supplies, according to the working in measure of each individual part, makes the body increase to the building up of itself in love.

17This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles also walk, in the futility of their mind, 18being darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardening of their hearts. 19They, having become callous, gave themselves up to lust, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20But you didn’t learn Christ that way, 21if indeed you heard him and were taught in him, even as truth is in Jesus: 22that you put away, as concerning your former way of life, the old man that grows corrupt after the lusts of deceit, 23and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24and put on the new man, who in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of truth.

25Therefore, putting away falsehood, speak truth each one with his neighbour, for we are members of one another. 26“Be angry, and don’t sin.” Don’t let the sun go down on your wrath, 27and don’t give place to the devil. 28Let him who stole steal no more; but rather let him labour, producing with his hands something that is good, that he may have something to give to him who has need. 29Let no corrupt speech proceed out of your mouth, but only what is good for building others up as the need may be, that it may give grace to those who hear. 30Don’t grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, outcry, and slander be put away from you, with all malice. 32And be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving each other, just as God also in Christ forgave you. 
Ephesians 4:1-32

-

I have a condition. And it appears to be chronic. I have an impairment regarding how I view others and how I view myself. But God, through the Holy Spirit and God's Word, is making me aware of my condition and what I must do to treat it. Below are several Scripture passages God has led me to regularly meditate upon, as well as my notes on these Scriptures. I admit there are days when “God’s treatment” tastes alright, and there are days when “God’s treatment” tastes awful. But I must take it regularly just the same if it is to do me good.


Matthew 7:1-5:

God tells me not to judge others. Because in the same way I would judge them, they would judge me. My vision of others is impaired because I have my own issues, which are obvious to others, but which I am denying. Because of this, I am a hypocrite—my actions contradict my beliefs. I need to resolve my own issues so that I can see others clearly. Not so that I can judge them. But so that I can understand them and be a help to them.


Jeremiah 17:10; Psalm 139:23-24:

God can see my faults much better than I. He knows what I think, what I feel, and what I do. And He knows where those thoughts, feelings and actions can lead me. And because He knows me better than I know myself, I need to ask Him to show me each fault within me and then guide me to eliminate each fault from my life and replace it with something much better that He will also show me.


Genesis 1:27; Psalm 139:13-14:

Every person in the world is made in the image of God.  All who have lived, are living, and will live. Whether I know them or not, whether I agree with them or not, and whether they realize it or not, they and I are children of God.


1 Corinthians 13:1-13:

My words and my actions are worthless without love. Specifically, God’s selfless, encouraging, faithful love. Evidence of my maturity in Christ is my capacity to love. And when I, and everything I do and say, are gone, the best thing that will remain is the love.


Matthew 22:34-40; Luke 10:25-37:

My Lord Jesus Christ says the greatest commandment is to love. First, to love God with all that I am, and all that I have. Second, to love my neighbor (everyone else in the world) as myself.


Leviticus 19:18; Matthew 5:43-48;

Galatians 5:13-15; 1 John 4:7-8:

I must love others, both my friends and my enemies. Good and bad happens in this world, but I must not allow it to distract me from Christ's command to me to love. For by my love of others, I am recognized as a child of God and am reflecting to them the perfection of my Heavenly Father.


1 John 2:15-17:

I must not love the things in this world because God's love is not in them. Everything in this world is passing away.


Micah 6:6-8:

God desires sincerity over ceremony. He wants me to act justly with others, to be merciful and to walk humbly with Him.


Luke 17:1‭-‬4‬:‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

I must be careful not to cause fellow believers to stumble in their faith. And if a fellow believer sins, I must acknowledge it. But I must also forgive them and move forward.


Romans 12; Ephesians 4:

Just as Christ sacrificed Himself for me, God wants me to, daily, be a living sacrifice to Him. I must love without hypocrisy. And I must run away from evil, and toward good. I must bless those who persecute and curse me. And I must laugh and cry with those who laugh and cry. I must not be conceited or act “holier than thou.” I must be humble, and I must minister to those of humble means. I must repay any evil with only good. And I must respect what others honor. I must live in peace and harmony with others as much as possible, not seeking revenge, for God will handle that. If my enemy is hungry or thirsty, I must see to their needs. And I must overcome evil with good.

I must not be deceitful to others but speak truth to my neighbor. I may get angry, but I must not sin. And I must not keep my anger for long, for it gives the devil a foothold in my life and the lives of others. I must do my work wholeheartedly. And through my words and actions, I must not tear down others, but rather build them up. For doing so gives grace to them. And not doing so grieves the Holy Spirit. I must put away bitterness, wrath, anger, shouting, slander, and malice. I must be kind, tenderhearted and forgiving, just as God forgave me through Jesus Christ.

There is one Body of Christ with one God and Father over us all. And I am just one part in that whole. And while some of my brothers and sisters in Christ are very much like me, some are very much different from me. Regardless, I must love my brothers and sisters and prefer them over myself. Grace was given to me, as it was to my brothers and sisters. And I must walk worthy of my calling, in thought, in word and in deed. With all lowliness and humility, with patience, bearing with my brothers and sisters in love, keeping the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. I must strive for unity and aspire to maturity in Christ, not swayed by false doctrines and trickery, but speak truth in love, so that I and my brothers and sisters may mature as parts of Christ's Body. I must constantly renew myself, through regular doses of God’s Word and prayer, constantly putting on the new me, in the likeness of God. For when I am transformed, I can see His perfect will.

 -


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genesis 12:1-3

Jeremiah 29:11

1 Chronicles 16:8-36